I was right - far less time and effort went into choosing my clothes! Of course that also has something to do with not having nearly as many options to choose from! It's just my first pass at this though, so I may be refining over the next couple of days. I know hotel laundry is cheap, but how many outfits can one sweat through in a day when it's mid 90's with 90 percent humidity? I wish we could stay up north in Beijing and Tianjin the whole 2 weeks - it's supposed to be upper 70's to low 80's during our stay. The 10-day forecast doesn't cover the Guangzhou portion yet, so fingers crossed for a nice cool front to move through before we get there!
So let's see. Nursery is ready. Laundry's done. Baby's packed. I'm packed. Electronics are charged and ready to go. I've survived the attack of the profanity-inducing printer and killed a tree printing all the documents to take. Looks like the only things left on the list are picking up prescriptions, picking up the money from the bank, finishing a boatload of assignments at work and chopping off a foot of hair to donate to Locks of Love. I guess that could wait, but looking at that Guangzhou forecast I'm really ready to be rid of it. It's going to be a JAM PACKED next couple of days!
Oh my gosh. TWO days, 21 hours and 46 minutes left!!
I can't believe I can actually say I leave THIS WEEK. The last couple of weeks have really flown. It seems like just yesterday that the Olympics started. What better way to pass the two weeks leading up to a trip like this than watching such an amazing event that's RIGHT THERE where you're going to be? I wouldn't want to be the London organizers at this point. How do you follow a display like that? Wow. Baby J will be 5 then and *gasp* getting ready for school?!?...my brain can't quite handle that yet. :)
I Could Never
15 years ago
1 comment:
I'm getting nervous for you. It's so wild to think it's almost time.
Post a Comment