Monday, June 1, 2009

A Special Note for LaoLao

For the past few weeks we've been trying to use any opportunity to help WeiJ understand that he's going to be going on a big trip to visit LaoLao. Any chance to talk about airplanes, beaches, water...everything is about going to see LaoLao this summer. If we see something about a beach, it's "oooh, we're going to see a beach when we see LaoLao!" His new book from ZaZa has photos of an airplane, so it was "hey we're going to get on an airplane when we go see LaoLao!" So now whenever he sees a plane, he says "NaNao" (his attempt at LaoLao)...and for that matter, he says NaNao at the picture of the helicopter and hot air balloon too. I suppose we're building it up sufficiently because the last couple of weeks anytime we go anywhere he thinks that's where we're going. I think if he had the words to put together he'd be shouting, "enough with the build-up already, lets get on a plane and go!" :)

So this afternoon WeiJ brought me his little wooden boat (that he got to paint yesterday at the park with the other families with kiddos from China) and said, "NaNao boat." I asked,"are we going to see boats when we see LaoLao?" and he *shouted* "UH HUH!!" When I said yes I'm sure we'll see boats, he said "NaNao squeeeeeeee" and wrapped his arms in a hug. So NaNao, I think there's a hug coming your way....

2 comments:

Chelle said...

How cute and how true! He is so ramped up to see his NaNao! : )

FHL said...

Oh my, could he be any sweeter!!!!

We are still floating around here with silly grins in a dream like state :o) Can't wait to be squeezing our own little bundle of cuteness!

Hope you two are having a wonderful week!!
Hugs,
M~ :o)