HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, WEI J!!

So...I'm not quite sure if I'm going to find all the words I want to find today. I'm a little jumbled and overflowing with so much that I can't really describe it. I'll start with the easy stuff, recapping our weekend and see where it goes from there.
On Saturday, WeiJ and I went to Ayi's graduation - I was hoping I could start planting some of those summa cum laude seeds but he only held out through the Masters' degree announcements before he crashed sound asleep on my lap. But boy, did he cheer those first dozen or so with gusto! He clapped and cheered for each one, silly boy! Even when he was asleep, at one point he managed to jerk upright and clap -- without waking up! He slept right on through to the end of the ceremony and woke in time to wave at Ayi as she filed out. We headed to eat afterwards, and all told he was fairly confined for about 6 hours or so but held up like a trooper. Makes me think we might survive a long flight we're going to take in July...knock wood!
The Brainiac Pose
I didn't plan anything big for his birthday today, just a series of things I knew he'd love. I blew up balloons last night so he could wake up to a bunch of them on the floor in his room. (Lesson learned: leave a path for him in case he wakes up crying in the middle of the night so he doesn't fall with a THUNK when he gets out of bed. Sorry, kiddo!) He did love throwing the balloons around this morning though! I made him a breakfast of mini blueberry muffins and blackberries on the side. It was a pretty plate, that's for sure! I think the swinging legs and mmmmmm meant that he enjoyed them a little bit. :) Then after breakfast I gave him his gifts - the coolest trike I've ever seen, and a set of new books. He's pretty obsessed with both, so I think I chose well. He helped me put sprinkles on the cupcakes, then we went to go read his new books - twice each. I went to get dressed, leaving him on the couch flipping through the books. It was such an eventful morning that he fell asleep sitting right there, at 11:30. Once we were ready to go an hour later, I was afraid I'd wake a cranky boy. But all I had to do was softly say,"Are you ready to go see some ducks?" and he was wide awake and ready to go! We went to lunch first, at WeiJ's favorite bbq place (ok, so I haven't taken him to THAT many, but still) and he was pretty much beside himself with giddy joy. Seven adults, all attention on him - he was in his element and clearly a happy boy!
Basking in HappinessWe made it to the park and he finally got to see that "duck wawa" that he's been asking for every single time we get in the car. We fed the ducks a couple loaves of bread, and he managed to not fall in the wawa. Oh, and yes he actually gave ALL the bread to the ducks this time instead of hording it for himself. After we finished the bread, it was time to open presents. Such thoughtful gifts & he loved them all!

Big boy with his first backpack!
And no doubt about it, I can't imagine anything better than seeing this face for Mother's Day:

1 comment:
Love the picture with the bubbles! What an excellent weekend. Congratulations all around.
Happy birthday WeiJ!
Violet, Kevin and Jake
Post a Comment