WeiJ must have passed some imaginary threshold this week and suddenly become a big boy.
He had his second haircut yesterday. I asked the woman if she wanted me to sit with him on my lap and she almost snorted like that was crazy. She pulled out a foam booster and he sat there covered in a cartoon drape looking a little bit terrified and untrusting of her - neither WeiJ or I got that lulled-to-sleep calming effect that the last guy had. But she was quick and it's definitely a straighter cut than last time. And when he was finished, she asked if she could give him a lollipop. Boy, do I wish I'd had a camera to catch THAT ear-to-ear grin when he tasted it! No, it was more than ear-to-ear. His entire face lit up in pure delight!
When I went to change WeiJ after his nap yesterday, I could swear I was looking at a different, bigger kid - as if during that nap he suddenly became a little more boy and a little less toddler. Definitely not many traces of baby left to be seen. I wondered if it was just his new haircut, but no it wasn't just his face. It was his whole body! How is that possible? No wonder his snaps are all popping loose underneath!
At dinner, I remembered that he had barely been able to squeeze into the high chair the last time we were there. So my little big boy got to eat in a booster - and he sure seemed to notice that difference and think he was big stuff. Perfect manners, yet again - I think I leave restaurants every time a little boggled that he's this easy.
And as if I needed any further confirmation of his growth, I found a couple of really cute pj sets for him. When I held up the 2T, it was clear that he'd be able to wear them for oh, maybe a week if I was lucky. *sigh* And of course there was only 1 set in the 3T but I secretly hoped when we got home I'd find it to be too big and be able to go back for the 2Ts. Ummmm, nope. Last night I put my 22 month old to bed in 3T pj's. *sigh again* I could handle him wearing 18 month sizes when he should have fit 12s, and I could handle him wearing 24 month or 2T when he should have fit 18s. But 3T?? That seems so big. Mama isn't ready for him to be that grown up yet!!
I Could Never
16 years ago
2 comments:
It happens way too quickly doesn't it! I'm convinced I blinked and J turned 8....take lots and lots of pictures and videos!
Hope you two are having a wonderful weekend and are doing well!!!
M~
Me either! Now that I only see him once a week, I am astounded by his growth... *sigh* What a sweet little man. : )
Post a Comment