Saturday, April 4, 2009

He did it!

Guess who slept in his very own room in his very own new big boy bed? Yaaaay, WeiJ!

I converted his crib to a toddler bed this morning, and he was very interested in that whole process. Once we got all the stuffed animals out and brought in his pillow, he was very excited to find out that he could climb in and out of it by himself. In fact, he shakes his head pretty adamantly when I ask if he wants help getting down. He sat in there for about 15 minutes just playing with the stuffed animals while I finished rearranging. I had planned to move the bed into my room so he could transition to a separate bed but still have the security of being in the same room. It would have been cozy but I figured it would be less traumatic. Before I got his bed moved though, he said he was hungry so we stopped for lunch. When it looked like he was about ready for a nap, I asked if he was ready to go to sleep and he nodded yes. I asked if he wanted to sleep in his new big boy bed and he RAN to his room and climbed in. :) I tucked him in like always, kissed his forehead and said goodnight....then held my breath when I walked out. I think I was more worried about him getting up to play with his toys instead of napping than of him being anxious. He only fussed once and got quiet when I said nighnight from the living room. He slept his whole two hours just like it was nothing. Yaaaay, WeiJ!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Oh my goodness! I guess this is a big step... sounds like he's ok with it, but are you?! *Sigh* such a big!