Yes, it really is a new post. :)
(Edited to say...it's been on the blog for over a week but apparently I'm so rusty I managed to get the date wrong so it's been buried quite a few pages back.)
Life is...well, busy doesn't really begin to cover it. My brain is usually too tired to put any thoughts together when I do get free time, but one of my goals for next year is to get back to putting out regular updates. WeiJ changes so fast that I really don't want to lose track of anything. I put together this year's calendar and just couldn't believe how drastic the differences are! It seems my baby grew into a little boy some time over the summer - and a handsome one, at that. :) He agrees with me on that too - or else I've said it so much that he accepts that as truth. A couple of months ago after I got him dressed one day he asked me if "(WeiJ) is so so handsome?"
Everything about him has grown in leaps and bounds this year. In size, for sure - he's already growing out of his 3Ts and has been sleeping in 4T pj's for a couple of months. And for those keeping track, he won't turn 3 until MAY! His vocabulary, sense of humor, tender heart and quick grasp of any and everything continue to floor me. Since he started "school" in September, his play has changed significantly too. The level of imaginary play seems advanced, but of course I'm not the most objective observer. ;) But really, how many 2 year olds will come up with a random piece of paper and ask you to come follow the treasure map? I think his favorite imaginary play involves cooking though - I've eaten a kabillion "cookies" and "soup" concoctions in the last few months. Overall what's most impressive to me is his singular focus once he sets his attention on something. I bought a puzzle last fall that has about 20 or 30 different shapes; using different combinations of them, he fills in 4 blank pictures. He loved it from the first time he played with it and would sit there for 20-30 minutes in total silence determined to solve it. Lately it's gotten so easy for him that when he does his "shapes puzzle" it's like he's just doing it to try to break his own speed record. Not that I would recognize that behavior AT ALL (ha!) ... but surely I can't have influenced that so soon!
We have been building up to potty training for the past month or so by reading a couple of books and he'd shown interest in sitting on top of the lid to his new "big boy potty." I was offering if he wanted to use it but didn't push because he was giving me adamant no's when I asked. For some reason on Friday evening he suddenly said yes he did want to use it, and voila there he went! His New Year's resolution maybe? ;) Saturday we managed two more successful attempts, and today - wow, today so far he's earned SIX happy face stickers! Just like with everything else with him along the way, he's just so unbelievably easy.
So that's the quickish update for now. I'll get to photos after little man heads to bed - or at least I'll TRY to. And then I might even get around to catching up with bloggy friends. *gasp* I'm so far behind!!
I Could Never
15 years ago
1 comment:
Glad to hear your updates. It sounds like you guys have had a blessed year.
Kevin, Violet, Jake
Post a Comment